hand embroidery on cotton, plastic figure, wire, dmc floss
6½" x 5"
MUCH thanks to my friends sweet boys for donating "THUG" for the centerpiece of my hand embroidery graffiti butterfly.
It's based on a photo I took several years ago of graffiti with tree shadows. I then cropped and altered the image for the embroidery design. I used satin stitch and long and short stitch. I can't really tell you exactly how long it took because I don't think to actually time myself,but I am guessing about 3 months. I spent many hours looking at my photographs, coming up with the design, drawing it out on the fabric, the actual stitching, attaching wire on the edge of the wings, adding felt backing, and then hunting for a center. More hours will be involved with framing it, ugh! the WORST part (and much sputtering and curses).
My butterfly series will be exhibited in October this year at IN A FRAME.
Time to hop off
thanks for dropping by
Have a GREAT day