Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Old Fashioned Telephone

repix and instragram photograph
Thanks to my friend we managed to get into the Marriott on Lexington Avenue. Didn't need to take public transport or get a cab because everywhere we wanted to go was within a 10 to 20 minute walk.
What was I thinking?
 I just LOVED the house phone in the hallway and wanted to take a pic. My friend's reflection was not planned but it worked oh! so well. I used my iphone and then repix filter (sorry can't remember) to get that old fashioned feel.  Some photos I don't alter, some I just use a filter and others I manipulate with several filters to get the mood I want.  For me photography is a means to an end, not an end in and of itself. Having said that, I feel I got a sense of the old grandeur of this landmark hotel. 

No comments: