Key Line Filter: Themes for Photography

Not quite sure I would ever run out of ideas for photographs, BUT the idea of picking a theme is great for challenging and stretching ourselves creatively.
328 Photography Themes: A List Of Themes To Photograph

My theme yesterday was to use my key line filter on my Olympus camera and take photographs of everyday objects.
Here is a great video explaining the art filters. His explanation about the key line filter is that it looks like a painting,which is one of the main reasons I like it. It  inspires me to see how I can translate some of the images into actual paintings.

Why bother if I can just take a photo?  Putting aside a LOVE of the process of painting and the smell of a studio, there is the challenge of seeing if I can take an image/idea further. 

Comments

Popular Posts