Capturing a moment in time with photography

Vivian Maier Photographer | Official website of Vivian Maier | Vivian Maier Portfolios, Prints, Exhibitions, Books and documentary film

I just LOVE her photographs, so inspiring. I would love to be able to capture the essence of a time and place like that. 
Here is my humble attempt, although I can't resist playing with my photos and let the colour of the taxi remain. It was one of those drab grey days and the taxi cab colours were so bright and cheery it made me smile. This was taken outside Tesco Gateshead, England in 2006. Not that long ago, but the buildings are gone now to make way for the new Trinity Square Centre.
Alas!
Law's Herbal Supplies and Sarsaparilla Bar (we called it sasparella) is now shut down after a 100 years of being in business.
 ps. if you noticed the spelling, Cyder is not misspelled. 




Comments

Popular Posts