Two Treats in Fairborn, Ohio

We now have a place to go and buy Turkish food in Fairborn, called Tulay's Mediterranean Market located in a charming converted house on the corner of Main and N.Second Street (sadly closed in 2013) The owners add to the charm and make it such a wonderful visit exploring the culinary culture of Turkey. If you have never tried Turkish cuisine, it is delicious. A great site to visit with LOTS of free recipes is Binnur's Turkish Cookbook. I love Turkish Pepper paste, which is like magic in a bottle. Any recipe that uses tom paste you can use hot pepper paste also and it adds a richness to the dish.

Around the corner on Main Street
 I had to check this out and what a wonderful store. Not overly cluttered, no overwhelming country candle smells, and a nice collection of items (very reasonable prices) and many little surprises too. I found me a metal troll pin with REAL googly eyes that I think dates back to the late 60's or early 70's.
OOOOOOh, did I leave the shop with a big GRIN.
Bittersweet Antiques is located on 403 West Main Street and hopefully soon the owner, Bethany Benchic, will have an online shop too.


Comments

Popular Posts