Figuring Things Out

One of the biggest challenges for me, well amongst so many when it comes to life drawing, is looking at a form and drawing it so that it makes visual sense.  This was really an awkward position because it was hard to see the the bony or muscular landmarks that help direct proportions and show what belongs where. The models left foot was hidden, which added to the challenge. Overall though I really liked trying to figure it out, excuse the pun, ahem!
Achille Henri Victor Gouffé (1804–1874), Double Bass Player at the Paris Opéra, 1869
and how he uses stronger lines to define the cheek and nose and back of head.

Meanwhile in the Studio
 I will be quite happy NOT to make another felt bird for a while.
I helped Jafapal Nancy make a 140 of these for her son's wedding coming up VERY soon, eeek!
I am DONE!


Comments

Popular Posts