re-purposing junk and old iron on transfers





-->A friend shared this wonderful video about Lindy Lynch and how she got started re purposing and recycling trash into treasures.


Lindy Lynch - InnerViews from www.KORDUROY.tv on Vimeo.

Boy, my pal Karen hit pay dirt with a huge folder of vintage embroidery transfers (looks like they are from the 1930's -1950's) for a dollar at a garage sale.
 Guess who got them, MOI!
Thanks Karen
I had fun diving into the pile exploring all the transfers and seeing how imagery has changed, although interestingly I see many embroidery images still popular by a new generation of stitchers. The "mammy" x stitch patterns make me cringe though.  I can see why they are collectible in the USA as part of it's cultural heritage, but eek! 

Meanwhile back in the studio
I started working on a small graffiti painting and decided to make a little embossed tin piece for the corner.







SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.1">

Comments

Popular Posts