Sketchbook: drawing lines


I did the embroidery version of the carrion crow with the human eye, but before I can move on I have to figure out the size of the box below it. So I thought I'd
 play around a bit in my sketchbook. You can't see it but the room below is behind the cut out of the pageNot sure when the box will get done. It's 0°F
  outside and my workshop is too cold to work in yet, brrrrrrrrr, grrrrrrrrr!

I've always enjoyed doing highly modeled drawing but line drawing lends itself so well to embroidery that I find I'm getting back into it more.

Artist's Hands by Henry Moore


 Snowing Again
"for now I am a willing prisoner in this house,
a sympathizer with the anarchic cause of snow.
I will make a pot of tea"
from Billy Collins poem




Comments

Megan H Carroll said…
I love your line drawing. I too am a prisoner of the snow, and in stead of working with it I want to rebel from it...
Unknown said…
Saw this set on Flickr of 3D crocheted objects and thought of you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingercarina/2445703206/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ingercarina/2444882885/

Providing a little bit of some inspiration.
jafabrit said…
thanks Megan :0

Joe, these are great links, thanks, I had fun looking at them.

Popular Posts