Friday, January 07, 2011

Oh, crap! She's Up

I like that the New Year is starting off with a show, a new embroidery project. It's going to be a panel with the "Knit Knot Tree" in it. I've used some new stitches since I need to get a sense of knitting on the tree. So far I've done brick couching, Queen Anne Stitch, broad chain stitch and satin stitch.



Talking about the "knit knot tree" a pal tipped me off that my photo of the tree is included in the book In the Loop-Knitting Now by Black Dog Publishing. I'm looking forward to getting a copy as it looks like a very interesting read.

“Be the kind of woman so that, when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says, ‘Oh, crap – she’s up.”

6 comments:

RPL said...

I love that tree. What a fun concept. Wonder what my husband would say if I crocheted around one of our trees?
Where did you find that quotation? I laughed out loud when I read it.
Pauletteaicar

JafaBrit's Art said...

thanks RPL :) I laughed too when I saw that quote, but I can't seem to find the origin of it???

Anonymous said...

plz plz plz...can i quote you?

JafaBrit's Art said...

you mean the devil quote anon? You are free to use it :)I will add it is not my quote though. Have no clue where it came from.

Freedom of Stitch said...

Oh CB, your adventures are SO refreshing, your lovely images have been a refuge thru a rather dark holiday period -- and I too will pass your delish quote forward (if just to point people to your blog *wink*) I look forward to the new year with projects and energy galore ;o} v.

mimilove forever said...

Top stitching and congrats and oh man I love that quote! x:)