A room of one's own

It makes a HUGE difference. I remember doing art in the dining room and yes I could manage it, BUT having a room to store supplies, hang works in progress and sit and work on projects changes the dynamics.
Routine informs the mind and having a routine in the studio is very helpful in kickstarting creative ideas and play.  One of my art teachers said he used to just spend 30 minutes sweeping the floor (he had a large studio). He said it was  meditative and prepared him for a day of painting, like he had conditioned himself.
I start with a cup of tea, doing a bit work on the computer, looking at my walls,
 and then I plan my art day.

Today I am starting to paint my pub alley panel.

Comments

I'm having a bit of a problem finding a room where I don't have a project going. A nice little room to have a peaceful cup of tea with out art. Sheesh - the grass is always greener...
deb said…
I putter a bit too before starting, usually I have to clear a space on my work table, as it becomes populated with an environment (mess) when I am working.

Popular Posts