Sketchbook: Sheer Embroidery



Sketchbook Page

I wanted to experiment with embroidery on sheer fabric and since it was FOR my sketchbook I didn't really follow the tips for embroidering on sheer fabric
I used mostly long and short stitch and the challenge was to make the back as neat as the front, so NO KNOTS.


I glued an image from Art Forum Ad on the other page underneath.

Jafabrit's Art Collection


I treated myself to a ceramic piece by Lisa Golberg for my birthday and just out of the blue thought he should be called Sid Vicious, something about the beater on his head and being wicked in the kitchen (go figure, maybe some fruedian connection).

My son named my new ipod JafaPod LOL!

Comments

Heather said…
OMG! So freaking cool! I love the way you are pushing the medium to fit with your personal style...you rock and I still drool over every one of your works. Happy belated Birthday too! LOL Love to you,
Heather
Quilt Architect said…
Happy belated birthday from me too. I really like your embroidered face. I think you did a fantastic job hiding all the ends...and making it look flat and not puckered or distorted.
Totally inspiring.
Libby Rudolf said…
a new, more interesting form of topnothch lobotomy : )

cool embroidery - ooo la la
I should have given you a bday hug the other day when I saw you!
jafabrit said…
thanks everyone :)
Unknown said…
That is AWESOME and totally deserving of all caps! ;) You continue to delight and impress me. Bravo!
Sheer! Ohhh the possibilities... Liking this alot!
Anonymous said…
Yesterday, I found a book in my library that made me think of you - embroidery with a soldering iron.LOL!

And you've had another candle on your cake.Hope it was fun.
deb said…
wow! Absolutely gobsmacked, that is AMAZING...

Popular Posts