Coffee Table Still Life and loyal dogs


Still life sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it, lol! Not sure why, but I love this photograph. I think it's because of the textures of the carved wood, the lighting and shadows, and the way the dog ornament (picked this up at the Lambertville flea market) is resting on the sketchbook.
It's almost like the dog is waiting for his master.

This dog, Greyfriars Bobby, waited 14 years

source wikipedia

sitting by his masters grave at Greyfriars Kirkyard in Scotland

Comments

Lady P said…
I walk the dog every day, walking myself at the same time, and we discover our town all over again and I go home full of conversation and ideas, blogging worth and other , I go home filled up with life. So good - for the dog and I.
jafabrit said…
What sort of dog do you have Lady P? We have a yorkie who takes us for a walk nightly and plays frisbee with us.
Undaunted said…
I've wondered what a drawing/painting of a skull should be called as well!

I love your photo, especially with the thought of the dog waiting for his master. Thanks for sharing the link - what a lovely account of loyalty.

Popular Posts