An Ordinary Life Part Two

Sometimes it is hard NOT to live an ordinary life. The mundane tasks impose themselves on you whether you like it or not BLECH! Dishes to wash, brushes to clean, doggie parcels around the yard to be collected (how humbling is that). But in my brain, ah, my playground where dishes magically don't exist or wash themselves, who knows.. I was reading about memorial effigy sticks and imagined them all over my yard and what I would put on them. So I started painting some heads that I would attach to the top. This one looks like John Malkevitch huh (not on purpose)! I had fun stitching on his nose and stuffing it. Great way to get out any latent anger. get that stuffing up yer nose YOU!!!!! Man,I would have liked to taken a trip into John through that portal. Talk about weird, not sure I would like to have been spat out on the jersey turnpike though, why not some place like Hawaii, or my mums backyard so I could share a chat and a cuppa. Boo hoo miss me mum and sis!!!!!!!!!! Miss hearing geordie whaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Oh......yes! err! back to reality. erm, where was I. Anyways, need to go to the lumber yard and find wood I can cut and carve.

Comments

Janets Planet said…
Yes, he does kind of look like John Malkovich. I loved that movie ---- one that must be viewed with others who appreciate the absurdity.
Anonymous said…
That looks so cool. I love the expression and how the nose sticks out.
Lynette said…
Ha yes it does look like John M.a lot! very cool! Does your Mom and sister live in England? It sound like you miss them a lot. I only get to see my Mom once or twice a year it makes you really miss them a lot. :(
jafabrit said…
Hi lyn, all my family is in england. I emigrated to the usa 28 years ago. I will be going home later this year, so I will spend a month catching up and enjoying mass quantities of tea and chats with mum and sis.
Lynette said…
Such mesmerizing eyes he has, I love this sculpture!
Oh Alfreda I'm happy you're going to be able to see your family soon. I'm going out to see my Mom soon too and I can't wait. Thanks for explaining to me what "Geordie" meant that is so cool! I love learning about ancient times in England. My grandma who passed away years ago was born with the last name of Yaden and someone traced her ancestors back to the Yeadons in England. They found that name in the Doomsday book and I thought that was the neatest thing! Today theres a villange somewhere in England called 'Yeadon' and I would give anything to visit it and see it! Have you been there? I love learning about England and her history!
jafabrit said…
There is a Yeadon in west yorkshire, wonder if that is the one you mean. I think there is a yeadon in this country in PA. I don't ever recall being there or passing through there.
Unknown said…
Uh-huh, and you were in reality, when, exactly?

This guy is strange, but strangely appealing . . . I don't know why. I've read it's symmetry that humans are attracted to.

Oh no! That pesky strand of non-human DNA is popping up again!
Lynette said…
Yes Alfreda, that's the one I'm pretty sure. I know it's supposed to be near Leeds in England and they have a website too. I knew there was a Yeadon up in PA too.

Popular Posts