The Intersection of Life and Art

How does one cultivate that intersection of life and art, or integrate it. The theme this week for Art is Life Life is Art is the word transforming and I am finding it difficult  unless I showcase the obvious mutations of things, altered,converted, repurposed. This one is obvious, a crushed can found on the street and transformed into a piece of art.
Alias

This article is great but I can only see this applying if the artist is well known.




Art is a Catalyst for Positive Transformation

The Healing Power of Art is undeniable. It raises awareness. Its benefits are versatile and far-reaching. Art is a catalyst for positive transformation in all areas of human development and personal growth. Art has the potential to raise awareness about our individuality and humanity, our relationship to others and our bond with our environment.

Plenty of us create work that goes unnoticed and changes little to nothing. So I wonder if transforming within my life and seeing how it intersects with art is where I go with this.
Or do I think of the many hats I wear in life, hats that someone designed and showcases a profession or activity? 
I guess we'll find out next week.

UPDATE 
Sometimes we just overthink things. One evening as I tried to hurry and finish my swim before the storm hit an idea popped up and BOOM.
Eye on the Storm Postcard 2



Comments

Anonymous said…
Awww, cute pics. And your personality SHINES THROUGH!

Hope your back is much, much better. Ugh...nothing worse than back probs, 'cept a bad tooth.
The 'Dadirri' vid is intriguing...had never heard of it, is it like TM, kind of? it's a personal, private practice?

I also think the concepts of Chakra are interesting...orange always feels like 'vitality' to me. It's a strong color, isn't it? I smiled when you wrote that it was your favorite color-it was my mom's favorite color, too.
(I can't honestly, totally, pick a favorite color...it's like my favorite color is 'rainbow.' :-P It depends on the day!)

You know, I think we all transform and evolve, whether we realize it or not. Because of life experiences. And they can be positive evolutions or negative digressions. For me, art is cathartic for sure. And I bet it is for a LOT of people (using 'art' loosely, as in a creative practice of some kind.)
So even if we're not out there, hanging our stuff on a wall or sitting it on a plinth; it's effect is noticed. (?)
And YOU, GRRRL, you guys are out there doing FreeArtFridays and yarnbombing (and textilebombing) and you KNOW it gets noticed! I'm sure it mostly brings joy and inspiration! And that's a wonderful thing!

We love ya.

xoxoxo T


Debrina said…
My view on art (as an artist) is pretty simple: I do it because I couldn't do without it. If, in the process, other people connect with my creations, then that's a great spin off. If people buy my art for the same reason, then that's the cherry on the top! It means they are sustaining my art...allowing me to do more and giving me the resources to do so.

I think it is really easy to overthink these things, like you say. I have read a lot of Michael Leunig and he is so awesome at being succinct about these particular thing. To me art is LIFE and life is ART!
xxxxxxx
Debs
jafabrit said…
Thank you T and Debrina. I so appreciated the comments and observations. All the best 💗

Popular Posts