Art is Life, Life is Art

I was very inspired by conceptual artist Linda Montano's lifetime work of integrating art and life, along with her handbook for the Art Life Institute. I've often talked about living an art life, so while I can't confess to being a fan of conceptual art, much of what she has done resonated with me.
My long distance jafapal, Nancy, and I decided to do a weekly postcard project for a month. Each week we pick a theme and our first one is orange. How we each interpret that will be up to us individually but at the end of the week it will be encapsulated in a postcard. 
AND 
would you believe I forgot to take a photo of my postcard lol!
Wearing my fave orange top and orange earring 
by my dear friends Karen Russell.

Exploring the word orange and how it integrates into my life was like going down the rabbit hole.
I discovered why Buddhist Monks wear orange, which led to me exploring the Four Noble Truths, which led to exploring what the second chakra is and how I could apply that to dealing with my chronic back and hamstring issues. I also discovered that orange is a colour I gravitate towards more than I realize, from the beautiful Turkish bed cover my daughter bought me, to a vintage Japanese kimono, a potato peeler, and a scrap of 60's carpet belonging to my dear Nana. Each has a special meaning and story behind them and are items I see and enjoy everyday.
 I'd definitely say ORANGE is my colour.


The Color Orange

The color orange radiates warmth and happiness, combining the physical energy and stimulation of red with the cheerfulness of yellow. Orange relates to 'gut reaction' or our gut instincts, as opposed to the physical reaction of red or the mental reaction of yellow. Orange offers emotional strength in difficult times.

Comments

Popular Posts