Meanwhile Back in the Studio


I made the mistake of getting so lost in the technical part of a piece I was working on for my upcoming show that I was blinded to whether it really had any aesthetic value or imparted the right message. So the weekend I left it alone, spent Saturday craft playing with my besties, and the evening going to Wheat Penny in Dayton with friends. Sunday was a day out and then lazing on the porch swing late afternoon reading and enjoying the summer sunshine. 

Monday: Went to my art/textile group meeting and they gave me an honest critique which basically confirmed why the piece is really just not going to work, no matter what I try to do to it. 

Comments

Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

Popular Posts