Bullion Stitch: YouTube to the Rescue

It wasn't that I couldn't see how to do it in my little book of embroidery stitches BUT the video shared something the book couldn't, how to slide the stitches along the needle and thread.


I was doing the claws of the little needle painted bird last night and getting my feathers into quite a ruffle trying to figure it out. YEA for YouTube and thanks to dimenstitch for sharing your simple tutorials.


It's not perfect, but this is my first attempt so I'm not going to be too hard on myself.

Links & Resources 
 Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread 
has an extensive library of how to videos, tips & techniques, patterns, as well as an ask & share section.

Sharon B's Pintangle has samplers, worksheets, free patterns, online classes, etc.

Crafty Sheep is where I saw the review for the Needle Painting Embroidery book and her review was spot on.  It's more of a personal blog but  shares so many wonderful projects and ideas. I particularly like her monthly colour challenges.

The excellent exploits of Mr.X Stitch, a veritable showcase of contemporary embroidery and needlecraft from around the world.


and just because I want to share, check out Anna Torma's incredibly complex large scale embroidery works, phew!  
Fans of Tilleke Schwarz may already know this, BUT for those who don't, Tilleke has a new book out called New Potatoes. 

Popular Posts