It's just a Phrase BUT

what does this phrase


imply?
 Is it reinforcing a stereotype about older women in it's attempt to break a stereotype about knitting/crochet? If so, then is that not promoting a stereotype about older women?
The funny thing is when I googled "not your grannies teacups'
this image came up and I couldn't stop laughing because, well they are. Has such a retro feel to them, kind of stuff I saw back in the 60's.
Oh, and do you want to see "not your grannies panties"well they kind of ARE, but.
Alright! Alright! I will give them this, I never saw anything like these porcelain figurines around granny's house.

 I tried to google "not your grandpa's this or that", and didn't come up with much of anything.

Oh well, it's just a phrase, yes?

copyright ©2011 Corrine Bayraktaroglu aka Jafabrit
All rights Reserved

Comments

Particularly loving the fork/feather in the hair combo! ;0)

Popular Posts