Rainy Sunday Afternoon Sketchbook


After collaging, doodling, drawing and painting in my sketchbook on a rainy Sunday afternoon I scanned it, manipulated it on Adobe. The Chairs are from the front of an old Artforum Magazine and the figure study I drew from my FAVE books I bought years ago for a bargain: Language of the Body: Drawings by Pierre-Paul Prud'hon  

It seems I have a need to do sketchbook work lately, and have signed up for the next arthouse sketchbook project

Used to ♥ this song and still think of it on lazy days, especially now I have lumbago.


copyright ©2011 Corrine Bayraktaroglu aka Jafabrit All rights Reserved

Comments

Anonymous said…
Grrrrl, you are just a PHENOM! I think you get more done in a day than I get done in a month!
(And I'm totally jealous you have a copy of that book...How totally cool.)
I love Prud'hom's drawings. They remind me of the best of Italian Renaissance sculptures. What a maestro.
I used to dream of finding a lending library for plaster studies. I LOVED drawing them...not sure if it's b/c I've got feet in both 2D and 3D camps or if it takes the distraction of color and skin away from drawing.
Great stuff! Treena
jafabrit said…
Like you I loved doing plasters studies but not many around the cornfields of Ohio. I was shocked when I saw how much Prud'hom's book costs now. I bought mine 15 years ago for what I thought was expensive, but now seems a measly $40 at a used book store and in mint condition.

Popular Posts