Street Art Embroidery


I saw this painted wall in Ann Arbor and just LOVED it. It's called  "the garden" by ellen and leah rulf. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any information or links to share :(

Could make a gorgeous embroidery. 

Interview with Dave the Chimp on Positive Graffiti.  "For me, the important thing is the experience of making something. What happens to it after it’s made I’m not too bothered with". This is one of the hardest things for many artists.  I found doing street art, and Free art Fridays very freeing creatively.   The ephermal nature doesn't allow the focus to be on your work as a commodity, or sales worthiness.
   

Comments

Janets Planet said…
I particularly liked the line drawing of the two characters that included the toes on the feet.
deb said…
Somedays I am exhausted just READING your blog, how on earth do you find time!! LOVE the sketchbook quote, love all the new work... yep you totally rock!!
jafabrit said…
I love the simplicity of the lines Jan, and I thought an interesting interview.

I get exhausted too deb lol! glad you like the sketchbook quote.
Wow thankyou for adding me doll , How creative you are , very inspiring !! love your needle work !!

Popular Posts