Precursor

canvas, faux leather, lace, reverse painted plastic

I did a bunch of these about 5 years ago for a show and they didn't really garner much interest. I can see why. They're decorative but don't really showcase any skill. They did however serve a much larger purpose because I began exploring integrating media. So you could say this was the precursor that culminated in my current exhibit

Meanwhile

 I'm so glad my hand embroidered skelly (someone said I should have called it boner, ahem!) found a home.  It's kind of fun to walk past a house and know your work is hanging up in there somewhere. This one was a real challenge trying to figure out the direction of the stitches, particularly on the skull.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's Walter Nash! LOL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Nash

Popular Posts