ad creep:guerilla advertizing and art



Some I don't like but this shown on The In-frastructurist I think is cool.  It's more like an art installation than in your face advertizing.



Mark, thanks for the wee blog article at the "blind flaneur" after the guided knit/textile graffiti tour on corry and dayton street.

Meanwhile in Studio Jafabrit


The life drawing group is having a show at the Yellow Springs Art Space next month and I thought it would be fun to have an embroidery version of my non dominant hand nude drawing in the exhibit. It is said that drawing with your non dominant hand is good for improving skills. I'll go along with that :) 


Comments

Margot Potter said…
Every time I visit your blog I'm blown away by your prolific creativity. My mom and I were talking this morning and I mentioned you as one of my favorite people I've met online.

That's the best thing about the internet, the connections.

Love
Madge
tera said…
Love the potatoes! I like the idea of guerrilla art, I have seen some in Vegas and I always find it so interesting.
I like your embroidery too, what a neat idea. I should practice the non-dominant hand thing more...I had forgotten all about that! :) Happy Monday.
Debrina said…
I love using my non-dominant hand for sketching; always surprising the results. Very brave to go with the embroidery...will you atempt to do it with your non-dominant hand as well? Lol.
jafabrit said…
Funny thing is I don't feel prolific Margot, but it's true I don't stop. We are going to have to meet in the real one of these years :)


thanks for dropping by tera. I forget about it too and every now and again have to remind myself to draw with my left hand.

Yikes Deb, I think I would be stabbing myself with the needle if I tried it with my other hand lol!
Janets Planet said…
I like the ad with the abacus. At least it is multi functional.
jafabrit said…
I agree jan, I liked seeing the children playing with it.
Yellow said…
I love the life drawing, it has so much potential, you could take it in so many directions. Your work always excites me. Have you seen the crazy street signes that have been popping up around New York, telling people to do mad things? I saw an article about it on BBC's Oddbox.
David Howard said…
I think both my hands are dominate, I frequently get slapped around, as if getting caught in the cross fire.

Something, I have noticed lately, is that the word verification words, have a vague logic or sense to them - today's was dinglyle.

Popular Posts