Building Up the Layers


It's slowly coming along, building up the layers and taking my time.I added batting to the hands and arms to give some dimension, old bits of lace for the sleeves and neckline,a button on the eye and decided to paint the pelvic wings (oil paint). She needs hair next and then I think I want to cut her out of the orange fabric and attach her to something like this below.

I cut out a piece of mdf reminiscent of some of my gothic arched panels & attached some cloth just to see how it would look. This isn't the one I want to use but it gives an idea.
Not sure it will happen, but that is where I am right now.

Squeaky Was Here
Bill at Under Construction/Art Contemplations surprised me with a gift of one of his beautiful hand carved hand shaped stamps which is going to take on a life of it's own and make it's appearance on the Knit Knot Tree II. I adore my little mouse stamp: I think squeaky is going to make appearances in quite a few places.

-->
Thank You
for the shout out at Mr.X Stitch Beefranck's

It's an honor to be included with such a talented pool of stitch artists.



Comments

Lol- I got a surprise when I clicked on the embroidery to check out how the painting looked with the stitching and my eye drifted left. As always I love seeing how your art develops. Can't wait to see how you incorporate the arched hanging cloth. A bit like a curtain before the show?
jafabrit said…
ha ha, I was wondering if you would notice, squeaky has been running all over the studio ;)
Debrina said…
Hello Corrine! Thanks for popping on by to have a look at my Pulp Redux book. I'm so loving the process you're taking us through here with your embroidery. I've just finished doing a little stitchery myself for a fellow blogger who's doing a blogger friends quilt. I did a woman with hollow eyes. You must be having an influence on me!

I love the mouse stamp! I'm off to visit Bill now....
Building Up the Layers

Thanks for sharing
Seth said…
It is so interesting seeing this piece evolve.
jafabrit said…
that sounds really cool Debrina :)

thanks Seth and Building materials, I am excited about how it will evolve too :)

Popular Posts