Sunday Snippets

I hung around town on Friday and got caught hugging a tree by "super" Dave (hey it was nice to meet you Dave), photographed a couple of things, ate a yummy sarni from the Emporium, and petted a ferret. I have never petted a ferret before and it was sooooooo sweet.

This is Romy Farrar with her pet ferret "grandpa".
She was very sweet to let me pet him and take a pic, thanks Romy.
This is what I love about Yellow Springs, always fun to go downtown, never quite know what you will see, and the people are friendly.
I never thought ferrets could be so cute


Photography
Side of the Emporium, Yellow Springs, Ohio

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY
Global Issues
Media and Art's Issues

Sheree, thanks for leading me to this info about the documentary
Who Does She Think She Is?
How many of you women/mothers have had your work dismissed as "JUST" a hobby (even though your work is shown and sold in galleries, exhibits)? I was told by a male art teacher he didn't waste time on bored housewives. I showed him how bored I was LOL!
New York Times review


Comments

Don't be so hard on the old professor, he was probably busy cataloguing his works for his one man show at the Guggenheim. I'll look for "Who does She" this spring; there may be at least one place I can think of that may screen it.
jafabrit said…
LOL! He is the prof depicted in my sketchbook:http://jafabrit.blogspot.com/2009/01/queen-gob.html
Lady P said…
I love that you posted about International Women's Day - the "who does she think she is" took to long to load and there is a hungry dog needed to be attended to and walked - but I will be back!
LadyK said…
Oh, I wish I could see "Who Does She Think She Is". It'll never happen, here at least.

That's a big problem up here, we don't get anything like that. We are so deprived. Yet another reason why I desperately want to move.
Janets Planet said…
Watched the ferret video. All I could think of was how much work it must be to clean up after them! Not like I need any help making my own mess. :-)
deb said…
ya! been there done that, I could count on one hand the number of professors who DIDN'T either, a) make a pass at me, or b) belittle me because I was married with children and so obviously not a "serious" art student... but as I tell my girls a smart girl doesn't get even, she gets even BETTER, so I did! Even so I know there are curators who don't take me seriously because I'm a married middle aged woman with children, or who dismiss my work as being only relevant to women.. grr!
jafabrit said…
I was thinking the same thing Jan, as cute as they are I wondered about the mess.

Oh what a shame Lady P, but I guess you could always watch the vid when it comes out with a bunch of pals.

Deb, it is quite discouraging at times isn't it.
Lynette said…
I knew someone with a ferret one time and they are the cutest little creatures and very playful too.
Anonymous said…
Ee, lass! You mus' be th'only Geordie NOT t'have stroked a ferret.
Ah well, you've made up fer it, but!

AS usual, lots of relevant writing and links.Thanks for all the laughs and grumbles.
Undaunted said…
Some interesting facts in that clip about women artists.

I posted earlier that a lot of "great" artists aren't that great, and that a lot of "nobodies" produce fantastic work, and now that I think about it, those "great" artists are all male, and those "nobodies" are all female.

Thanks for these links Jafabrit, you've given me food for thought.

Popular Posts