Z is for Zip It

I always grew up saying Zed, not Zee as Americans do.
So for me it is
Z for Zed

And this is the final post for the alphabet soup project
I would like to thank C. Southwell at Laughter Minute for inviting me to participate
It has been an interesting journey and one that has pushed me in a way I hadn't expected
One is having to do a blog entry every day, arg!!!!!!!!!
Hum, I could have used zaftig to describe my self portrait, but oh well, I am stuck with zipper now.

Projects
I signed up for the Landfill Art Project (an artist reclamation project).
check it out, maybe YOU would like to participate.
I am also working on my second piece for the Eclipse Gallery 50/50/50 Show
I am representing Ohio in the embroidery section


errm, for American readers:
Hum! If you wish to say DAYlick, so be it, but please don't try and correct a British person for pronouncing Dalek in its original form DAR lek.
You say tomayto and I say tomahto


Comments

In Canada we say "Zed" too!
deb said…
Hey fellow brit, yeah for you sticking up for what is after all our language to begin with!! On the subject of Daleks, no idea what prompted it but my son thinks it is hysterical that I was afraid of Daleks growing up. He thinks they just look like rubbish bins on wheels... My sisters and I used to argue over who would sit in the middle of the sofa theorizing that the person in the middle was safest from alien attack when we watched Dr Who on Saturday nights with our Mum and Dad.
jafabrit said…
deb I had a cousin who was a right bully and so it gave my sis and I great pleasure to see him cry and hide behind the couch when dr.who music started.

Rubbish bins on wheels LOL! I bet that is what they used to to make them at first, some of the props were recognizably cheesy. Loved it, still do.
jafabrit said…
I believe Michelle that it is only in the United States that Zee is used.
Lana Gramlich said…
I thoroughly enjoyed the alphabet project. Being a citizen of both the US & Canada, I can no longer tell which way is up, Zed or Zee, Celcius or Farenheit, Theatre or Theater...Christ...
jafabrit said…
thank you Lana.
Leanne Pizio said…
I love this zip it piece. How wonderful, simple but so powerful. I had to just stop and look for a moment.
I agree with Lana. I have really looked forward to visiting everyday to see what your post would be.
Thanks for participating in the alphabet postings.
Undaunted said…
Wow, some of those pieces of art from the landfill project are amazing! I look forward to seeing what you do!
Anonymous said…
The image for 'Z' is a bit eerie... I like it.

Popular Posts